Rena started in a new class at school this week. She's now in the "transition" class, which is the last class in the infant wing. Next year she will move into the pre-primary/kindergarten wing of her school....Mommy is not ready for that!! But anways, the kids have to wear uniforms in this class since they are helping them "transition" into the pre-school classes. She has to wear a light blue, dark green, or red polo shirt and navy pants. They are definitely not girly uniforms, but they have plaid jumpers so I'll probably get one of those for the fall! Dada dressed Rena for school and then called me and said she looks like a little boy in that uniform! I knew it must be bad if Dada is making comments on Rena's clothing! Haha. He told me I might be surprised when I picked her up...and he was right! The whole way home Rena told me how she didn't like her silly "unicorn" and wanted to take it off. She demanded to wear her new princess shirt (that Nani sent her) and a skirt! And all week she's asked to wear something girly when we get home! So I guess Mommy will have to continue shopping since Rena needs her girly after-school clothes!!! ;) The next day she wore her sparkly pink Dora shoes and a big bow, so that helped a lot! I guess we'll just have to accessorize so she can look girly again!
Rena always has a hard time moving up to new classes since she really gets attached to her teachers. But she's been doing pretty good this week and each day has been better. She always takes awhile to start napping in the new class...hopefully that will be better next week! She gets to see a lot of her friends who already moved up to the new class, so that really helps! We took her old teacher Ms Angel a card and a thank you gift and she was so happy and gave Rena a big hug! She said she'll really miss Rena and quietly told me that Rena was one of her favorite students! :)
Not too thrilled about the uniform! I only took a few pics before she demanded her princess shirt and skirt! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment