Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First dance class

Rena and her friend Ella went to their first dance class last Thursday. It's a Creative Dance class for 2 and 3 year olds and includes tap, ballet, and tumbling. I bought Rena a leotard, skirt, tap shoes, ballet shoes, and tights...I think I was more excited than her! I always wanted to do dance as a kid but never did, so I'm living through my little girl!! :) Rena seemed very excited to go to dance class, but when we got there it was a different story! Her and Ella were unsure about it from the start. They walked into the class but when they saw us through the glass wall, they got upset and wanted to come out. So they basically played outside the room and watched the class the entire time. It seemed like Rena did want to go back in several times, but she refused to go in without Ella. And Ella was not going in the room that day! ;) I think they were both just scared since up until now we've always done mommy and me classes and we're with them the whole time.

Hopefully this Thursday they will actually go in the class and have fun! Rena saw her dance stuff in the laundry room and wanted to wear her outfit and go to dance class. So hopefully that's a good sign! Rena looked so cute in her little pink leotard and skirt. She has never been a fan of tights and refused to wear them! I had to take everything off to remove the tights since she kept pulling at them and saying "take off the tights!" :)


I had to wake her up to get ready for class so she wasn't in the best mood!


In her cute little tap shoes! She loves wearing them around the house and tapping on the floor!

Holding hands and watching the class...and probably wondering why their mommies dragged them here! ;)

No comments: