Friday, January 11, 2013

Future fashion designer??

I can't remember exactly how this came up, but we were chatting with Rena and asked her what she wants to be when she grows up. She used to say she wanted to be a teacher, but she said not anymore and made us try to guess her new future career. So Daddy and I guessed doctor, lawyer, accountant (Daddy was really pushing for this one!), etc. She kept saying no and finally let out an exasperated sigh and said I'm going to be a FASHION DESIGNER! We both looked at each other a little surprised but she was so excited that we couldn't help but laugh. And honestly I think she has a good start for this career! Her favorite activities are dressing up her dolls, playing with dress-up sticker books, and helping mommy and others pick out what to wear and how to accessorize. I remember she was just 2 years old in the fitting room with Mimi and telling her which outfits looked good! And she is really big into matching accessories- shoes, purses, and jewelry. I got a new over-the-door jewerly organizer and she just stares at it and tells me which jewelry I haven't worn in a long time! And we got her a Barbie fashion stylist sticker book and she LOVES that thing! And I got her a huge princess/fairy dress-up sticker book and she finished it in record time and keeps begging for a new one. So who knows, my little fashionista might be the next famous fashion designer! :) And mommy and daddy will be very proud...even though daddy is still holding out hope that she'll be an accountant someday!

Working on her Barbie fashion stylist portfolio!

One of her accessorized Barbies, the make-up and nail polish in the corner coordinates with the outfit! And notice the matching green accessories :)
Dressing up and accessorizing her Barbies


Working on another dress-up sticker book...designing is serious business! ;)

No comments: