And I have to share a funny story about the Hanukkah candles. We had some candles saved from last year so I thought we wouldn't need anymore. Well, for some reason I didn't do the math and realize we would need a full box of candles to use for all 8 nights. So after the second night it looked like we wouldn't have enough to light all week. So I went to 3 stores the next day frantically searching for Hanukkah candles but had no luck. I knew I had seen some at Target the week before but apparently they had sold out. I was worried that Rena would be so disappointed. Well the next day I happened to go to HomeGoods to kill some time while the housekeeper was at home and what do you know...they had a little Hanukkah section with all this stuff on clearance!! I literally let out a happy cry at the store! :) I bought two boxes of candles (so we really are all set for next year...ha!) and some cute Hanukkah kitchen towels since I may or may not have a small obsession with seasonal towels. :) And the best part...these candles were pink and purple too! Rena literally freaked out when she saw these candles and was sooo excited to light them that night! I told Daddy he better get home from work early that night...ha! We will always laugh at this story and it's just another example of the lengths us parents go to make our kiddos happy! Here are some pics of Rena lighting the candles and opening her presents:
First night of Hanukkah
Opening her first present...she really wanted this Barbie Popstar styling head
Second night...Daddy was quite proud that this pic was a big hit on Mommy's Facebook! Ha!
Opening more Barbie presents
And yet another Barbie gift...cut n style hair Barbie!
I didn't find Hanukkah candles at Target but I did find this cute menorah craft kit that Rena loved!
Mommy was out at parties a couple nights last week and Rena and Daddy had fun making menorah crafts to match the candles on the actual menorah :) Daddy sent me these two pics and I thought they were so cute!
Rena loved how the craft menorah matched the actual one!
Last night! The menorah looks so beautiful all lit up!
No comments:
Post a Comment