Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Happy Election Day!

Today is officially Election Day 2012! I'm not big into politics (like my hubby!) but I do find the presidential election pretty exciting. My parents came here as immigrants and I still remember when they became citizens and how excited they were to vote in their first election! So I don't take my citizenship for granted and always vote in the presidential election. I took Rena to vote with me 4 years ago in 2008 and she was just 6 months old. So I thought it would be fun to take her again this year and start a little election tradition. We early voted a couple weeks ago and there was no line. I wasn't about to stand in a long line with a kiddo on election day! ;) And Rena was asking a lot of questions and wanted to know if she could vote too. She's still got a few years to go for that...but she does enjoy wearing the sticker! Here is mommy's little voting helper from both of the elections.

2008

2012
What a difference 4 years makes!! :)

No comments: