Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pinkalicious play

Last weekend we went to see the Pinkalicious play with Rena's school friends Lily and Rowan and their mommies. In case you haven't heard of Pinkalicious, it is a character based on a series of books about a little girl who's obsessed with pink. I know this is a big surprise...but Rena loves Pinkalicious! ;) Rowan's mommy invited us to this event and I was so excited since I knew Rena would love it. The event started with a "pink-carpet" event complete with pink cupcakes, pink lemonade, face painting, crafts, and more! The girls had a great time and even got to meet Pinkalicious and get her autograph! They were so excited to watch the play, which was great! It really followed the Pinkalicious book and Rena knew exactly what was going to happen next. She would excitedly tell me what Pinkalicious was going to do next...in a not so quiet voice! :) We started off meeting the girls for brunch at Black Walnut Cafe, which was yummy as usual. So we had a long but fun day! I had one tired pink girl by the end of the play. I took quite a few pics and it was hard to narrow them down...so here you go!

Coloring princess pictures at brunch

They were getting a little restless and we had time to kill...so out came the iphone games!

Being silly

Walking the pink carpet...doesn't she look like a natural?! ;)

Checking out all the pink balloons

They did such a good job with the pre-party!

She got a huge pink cupcake painted on her face!


Enjoying pink cupcakes

Pink overload!! :)


The girls meeting Pinkalicious

Signing our program...Rena was a little star-struck (just like she was at Disney!)

Pinkalicious was too cute!

Rena, Rowan, and Lily- I love how none of them are looking at the camera! Ha! And we haven't dropped the thumb habit in case you can't tell!

Painting a pink cupcake magnet...which she proudly displayed on our fridge right when we got home

Waiting for the play to start. The girls were tired and fussy at this point so there was a little fighting over who would sit next to who and they all were in tears! So they ended up sitting in their mommies laps the whole time and everyone was happy! :)

Ready for the play with her wand and new Pinkalicious doll

She really wanted me to take her picture by this big pink flower on the stage! Funny story- I couldn't decide which pink dress Rena should wear for the play (since every dress she owns is pink!) so I pulled out a few of them and let Rena pick! This one was the winner :)

No comments: