Well the summer is officially ending and it's back to school for Rena on Tuesday! This is my last weekly summer post! I had a great time spending 3 months with my precious girl. I'll be honest...when summer started I was a little (ok more than a little!) worried about her being out of school for 3 months and what we would do all summer. It was an adjustment for both of us the first couple weeks, but after that we both enjoyed our time together. We did a lot of fun things outside the house but I think my favorite summer moments were just playing with Rena at home. I loved reading her books, laying on the couch and watching movies together, playing princesses, baking together, etc! I'm glad we got this special time together and I'm a little sad about her heading back to school....I will really miss her! But it will be nice to have my own time again to get things done and then I can devote all my time to her afterschool instead of worrying about laundry, errands, and cooking. This summer just reminded me that being a stay-at-home mom is probably the toughest job out there but definitely the most rewarding. The past few summers I always felt guilty since I was working and this summer I was just so happy to have this time with Rena. Here are some pics from our last week of summer vacation:

Rena and her favorite Lalaloopsy dolls
We had to get in a couple more trips to our pool before it closes!
Playing in the baby pool
Rena was making a mad face and wanted me to take a pic so she could see it :)
First day of fall/spring dance class. Rena is so happy she can wear her pink leotards again (she had to wear black for summer dance)
Having a little Chick-fil-A picnic! This was my favorite way to eat lunch since there's minimal clean up and of course Rena thought it was so fun!
We had a fun playdate with Annie and David at Lonestar Bounce. This is the first time Rena has worn leggings in many months!
Going up and down the slide with Annie
We met MayMay for lunch last Friday. I love this pic!
We went to a meet the teacher ice cream social at Rena's school. She was happy to be back in her classroom and liked her new teacher. She was supposed to have the same teacher as last year but she left and I was bummed about that. But the new teacher seems really good!
Excited to be back at school!
Daddy wanted to take Rena out for ice cream tonight as a special end of summer treat! This girl loves her ice cream and eats in record time!
No comments:
Post a Comment