Rena started Pre-K 4 yesterday! She's at the same school in the same class but has a new lead teacher this year (and the same assistant teacher as last year). I was a little worried since Rena kept saying she loves summer and didn't want to go to school. The day before school started she was very adamant that she wasn't going back. But when I woke her up yesterday and said it was the first day of school, she practically jumped out of bed and happily put her uniform on! She didn't want to waste time eating breakfast...she wanted to go to school right away! I was pleasantly surprised and glad she was so excited. She had a great first (and second) day and really likes her new teacher. She was happy to see her friends and they were happy to see her too (most of them were in summer school while Rena was home). She walked right in and never looked back. I watched her through the window for a few minutes and was a bit emotional when I walked back to the car. :) Mainly because I can't believe she'll be in kindergarten next year!! I already warned Daddy that he will be coming with us on the first day next year since I'll be a wreck!! But I will slow down and try not to stress about kinder and just enjoy my pre-schooler for the next year! :)

New shoes, new headband, and new backpack all ready the night before!
I made her favorite chocolate chip muffins for breakfast. My happy girl ready to get to school!
I got the idea for this chalkboard sign from Pinterest and thought it turned out so cute! I wasn't sure if Rena would even take a picture much less hold the sign, but luckily she cooperated! :)
My big girl!!
She wanted a picture with her lunchbox but not with her backpack! :)
Walking into class...I was determined to get a pic with her backpack on!! Ha!
This is a little blurry since I took it through the window. She was ready to play with her friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment