Tuesday, March 1, 2011

First dentist appointment

Rena had her first dentist appointment a couple weeks ago and she did great! I thought she would scream the whole time since she doesn't like it when we brush her teeth. But she did pretty good and was just upset the first couple of minutes. Once she realized they were just cleaning her teeth, she was fine and very interested in the movie that was playing (A Bug's Life)! She even got to pick out a little toy from the toy drawer- a pink hippo! And the pediatric dentist was very sweet and so good with Rena. She also has a two year old girl so she talked to Rena all about princesses and Tinkerbell!

And I told Rena if she did good, we could go to Target after the dentist and pick out a toy. Rena told the hygenist she was going to Target to get a new toy and Target is her favorite place! Like mommy, like daughter! :) Rena picked out a 4 pack of Disney wooden puzzles...I was surprised she didn't pick out a princess or fairy doll! But she LOVES making the puzzles and is really good at them now. And she never wants us to help her! They keep her attention for a very long time, which is always a good thing! ;)

This pic is a little blurry but she's proud of her sticker from the dentist- Teeth Cleaned!

Busy making her new puzzles!

2 comments:

Lawfrog said...

Glad to hear she did so well and also glad to hear she likes puzzles! Puzzles are educational and fun. Yay for a good teeth cleaning too. Hopefully that will save her any major dental work down the line (speaking as someone who has had to have a lot of dental work). :)

Rena's mommy said...

Thanks Shelley! I've also had a lot of dental issues...I hope she doesn't get that from me. :)