Houston was pretty much shut down for a "snow" day last Friday. We didn't get any snow which was a little disappointing, but the roads were icy all day. We stayed home since school and work were closed and we didn't want to mess with driving on ice! Rena had a fun day at home- she watched movies, played with her toys, and did princess puzzles. I thought it would be fun to bake some cupcakes and have Rena help me decorate them. Rena was so excited since we were baking strawberry (pink) cupcakes with pink frosting and pink icing! She watched patiently as they baked in the oven and kept asking if they were ready yet. I made her some mini cupcakes that she could decorate and she loved them. She put just a tiny bit of frosting on each one but poured on the sprinkles! I've always loved baking ever since I was a kid, and I was so excited that Rena really enjoyed it too. I look forward to many more baking adventures with my little girl!
Helping mommy pour the batter for the mini cupcakes
Watching the big cupcakes bake in the oven!
The sprinkles make good shakers! :)
Hard at work icing the cupcakes!
Taking a little break to eat some frosting!
My kitchen looked like a pink hurricane came through when we were done...but it was definitely worth it! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment