Thursday, March 22, 2012

Disney World- Day 1

Last week Rena and I went to Disney World with Nani and Nana for five days. Nana had a conference there so I thought it was a great chance to take Rena for her first visit. She had a GREAT time!! I thought I would break out the posts and pictures by day so I don't have one huge post with 200 pics. :) Our first full day at Disney was on Sunday and we went to Magic Kingdom. It basically poured all day and was very cold too! But that didn't stop our first day of fun. We didn't do many rides because of the rain, but we met a lot of characters (since that was mainly indoors!). I think this was Rena's favorite part of the trip- meeting Minnie, Daisy, and all the princesses and fairies. I will never forget her expression the first time we entered the princess meet and greet room and she saw all her favorite princesses ready to meet her! She was just speechless, overwhelmed, thrilled, etc. She had a cute little autograph book and loved having them sign it. She was so shy when she would first meet them since she didn't know what to do! So even though she's not smiling in some of the pics, she absolutely loved meeting the characters!
 The rain did let up a little just in time for us to watch the daily afternoon parade. Rena really enjoyed the parade and was fascinated by seeing all the characters up close. We ended the day before dinner since the weather was so bad. But we enjoyed a fun dinner with Nani and Nana.

We're finally here!! She loved seeing Cinderella's castle for the first time!

Waiting in line to meet the princesses

Cinderella

Belle

And the moment she was waiting for...meeting her favorite Sleeping Beauty!

Meeting Minnie for the first time! She was giving a skeptical look to poor Mickey :)

She kept asking why Minnie didn't talk to her like the princesses did!

We got Mickey in one pic at least

Daisy signing her autograph book. Rena was so excited that Daisy was wearing pink!

This is one of my favorite pics!

Rena had a great time at all the shops :)

Meeting Tinkerbell!

Enjoying a Mickey ice cream bar (they were pricy but very delicious!)

Waiting for the Main Street parade to start

Mickey and Minnie

Snow White
Cinderella
The castle on a very wet day!

Riding the ferry back after a fun day...we were getting soaked by the rain!

Rena is usually shy around Nana but she really bonded with him during this trip. That makes him so happy!

Cute pic with Nana and Nani- it's blurry since I used my phone

No comments: