My baby girl turned 3 years old yesterday! I can't believe she's such a big girl now! I love this age and watching her learn new things, but I miss my little baby! We had a wonderful birthday weekend with a big party on Saturday and a family celebration on Sunday for her real birthday. I have tons of birthday pics to sort through and will try to post those soon. But I just wanted to give an update of some things Rena is doing at 3 years old. I don't really write in her "baby" book anymore, so the blog is a way for me to keep track and remember all the stuff she's up to!
- Rena is so smart and learns so much at school! She can point out her name if it's written down and is very good at recognizing letters and numbers now. The other day she saw the Silvercreek sign for our neighborhood and said "Mommy, there are two R's and three E's in that word!"
- She is very observant and notices small details about everything!
- She's a girly girl and loves to wear pink dresses, must have a bow/ponytail in her hair at all times, and loves to get her nails done!
- Rena loves going shopping with Mommy and has very good taste! She picks out what she likes at the store now!
- She loves to go out to eat at restaurants and says her favorite restaurant is Lupe Tortillas. She loves the queso, taco meat, rice, and of course the ice cream!
- Rena is very sensitive and gets upset when other people are sad or crying. She always says she wants them to be happy! When we read books or watch shows, she will always ask us if someone has a happy or sad face.
- Rena loves playing and being silly with her Dada. She still calls him Dada and he loves it! She wants him to give her a bath now since he's more fun. When she hears the garage door open when Dada comes home from work, she runs to the garage to greet him. Dada says that's the best part of his day. I love watching them play together...and I love the break even more!! :)
- Rena loves her MayMay so much and gets so excited when she comes over on the weekends. She'll look out the window for her car and then runs to the front door to greet her. And MayMay usually arrives with a little present or treat everytime!
- Rena loves girly toys and dolls- she loves princesses, fairies, and Strawberry Shortcake. She loves watching Strawberry Shortcake movies and the Fresh Beat Band.
- Rena loves playing in her room upstairs and one of her favorite activities is just running up and down the stairs!
-She loves it when our families come to visit. She has so much fun with Nana, Nani, Mimi, Pops, Aunt Rachel, Aunt Mindy, and Aunt Rebecca. She is the only grandchild and VERY spoiled with so much love, attention, clothes and toys! :)
- Rena loves playing with her little friends at school and she loves her playdates with Ella. She always says I like playing with school friends but Ella is my best friend! They've know each other since they were 5 months old and it's so cute to watch them grow up together.
- Rena is very OCD and loves everything to be clean and organized. I don't know where she gets that from! ;) She'll grab the kitchen towel and start wiping up spots on the floor! She hates to be dirty and if there's even a small spot on her clothes she wants to be changed right away!
- She's getting better at using the potty but we're still working on it! Hopefully she'll be potty trained soon so she can move up to the preschool class this summer!
- Rena loves music and her favorite song is Dynamite by Taio Cruz. We have the CD set on repeat in both cars. :) She likes to hang out in the car and wait for the song to finish each time! She loves singing songs that she learned at school. She also loves going to dance class and practices her moves at home all the time.
- She loves to tell very detailed stories and is so expressive and uses her hands when she's talking. When she's done telling a story she always says The End :)
I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff but that's all I can think of for now! We're so lucky to have Rena as our daughter and she makes us smile everyday! Happy Birthday Rena- we love you so much!! Stay tuned for pictures! :)
1 comment:
It is so hard to believe that our babies are 3! It sounds like you guys had a great birthday celebration and I love your updates on Rena.
Post a Comment