Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial weekend

I haven't blogged in awhile since Rena was sick for almost a week with a nasty virus! But luckily she got better in time to enjoy the long holiday weekend. Friday was Mommy and Daddy's 5th anniversary! They went to brunch and a movie while Rena went to school in the morning. We relaxed and played with Rena that afternoon. We never got to eat the top tier of our wedding cake, so I thought it would be fun to have my friend Missy (Sugar Boo Sweets) make a cake that matched our wedding cake. She did a great job and it was soooo good! Mommy LOVES cake so it's no surprise that Rena loves it too! And both of her grandmas love cake so I guess it just runs in the family! She started saying that's Mommy's cake and then said she wanted a princess birthday cake! I guess next year's birthday theme might be princesses! :) MayMay came over to babysit so we could go out for a nice anniversary dinner. We enjoyed the rest of the weekend and went to the zoo, rode the train, and had a BBQ. It was a nice, relaxing weekend.

The yummy cake!

Rena wanted to sit up right next to it so she could get a better view :)
She started picking at the icing and wanted me to give her a piece. Daddy was napping but Mommy had no choice but to cut into it. Rena and Mommy really enjoyed it! :)

Mommy and Daddy dressed up for dinner
Rena's new favorite toy is her Mega Blocks. She love building towers, chairs, and stairs for her Dora dolls!
Another favorite toy is her princess figurines and castle bed. She knows the names of all the princesses and her favorite is Sleeping Beauty!
She likes to take the dresses off all her dolls!
Watching Dora and enjoying a snack
She still loves her water table! Mommy got her some cute new water shoes so she doesn't slip around on the wet patio
I think MayMay was making her laugh about something! She loves to wear her hair in a little ponytail now ever since she saw Ella in a ponytail. She barely has enough hair for a ponytail but I think it looks really cute! :)
She loved being outside for the BBQ!

4 comments:

Leah said...

Happy Anniversary! It sounds like y'all have had a great weekend. I love all of the pictures of your precious baby girl. ;o)

Rena's mommy said...

Thanks Leah! I hope y'all had a great trip to New Orleans! :)

Ellagator said...

I love Rena's pony tail! :) Your dress is so cute too that you got for your date. And the cake is soooooooooo cute! It looks like it was really good. We miss you guys!

Rena's mommy said...

Thanks Kendra! :) Can't wait to see y'all!