Thursday, September 12, 2013

Kindergartner!

I still can't believe it...but we officially have a kindergartner! I was so anxious, nervous, sad, excited, and worried about this day all summer. I was a complete mess the night before when I was getting her backpack and clothes ready. Rena on the other hand was sooo excited! She only wanted to read one book the night before since she "needed rest for her big day"! And then the big day was here before I knew it! Rena was very excited and couldn't eat. She just wanted to get to the school right away! Daddy came along too for drop off the first day. When we got to the class Rena was a little shy and seemed sad to see us go. That made me very sad and I was definitely tearing up on the way to our car. But I didn't completely lose it so that was a good thing! Turns out I had nothing to worry about! Rena had a great first day and is absolutely loving kindergarten! The transition went much smoother than I could have ever imagined. She is making new friends and loving all the fun activities they do. She is still adjusting to the new schedule and mornings are a bit crazy trying to get her up and ready so early. But we are so relieved our baby is loving kindergarten! I miss her like crazy during the day and afternoon pick-up is my favorite part of the day! Here are some pics from the first day and week of kinder!

Her first day of school outfit and new backpack/lunch box. They wear uniforms to school- plain colored polo shirts and solid bottoms. Rena loves that pink and purple are part of the uniform! ;)

Eating her breakfast on the first day of school!

My big girl ready for school!

Her cute backpack she picked out!

In keeping with tradition, we did the first day sign on the chalkboard


It was a messy rainy morning so we just got a few pics outside

Love this one!

She found her desk!

Daddy helping her with the name badge

Due to the rain and crazy traffic we couldn't get any family pics before school so we took a couple after school!

Enjoying her after school treat- a blizzard!

They made this cute first day book!

All smiles after the second day too! That's her car rider tag :)

Ready for the third day!

They had to work on a summer star and show all the activities they did during the summer

Ice cream treat after a great first week of kinder! Mommy tries to take her for a fun treat every Friday after school :)

My big girl loves to take selfies now!

No comments: