Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Butterfly Museum

I'm very behind in blogging so I'll try to catch up starting at the beginning of August. I wanted to do fun activities with Rena this month before she started kindergarten so one Friday morning we headed to the Cockrell Butterfly Museum. We had never been before but heard good things so we headed to the city to check it out. Rena loves butterflies and was sooo excited to see all of them! She was a little overwhelmed when we first entered since there were so many flying around! She was even brave and agreed to hold a big blue butterfly when the nice lady at the museum asked her! We had such a fun time going through the exhibit. And I learned that Rena thinks flying cockroaches are cute....not sure if she is my child now!!! Ha! The weather wasn't too hot that morning so we decided to ride the Hermann Park train after the museum. And we ended our fun day with lunch at Chick-fil-A. It was a perfect day with my favorite girl. :)


Pretty butterflies





A nice lady offered to take our pic by the acquarium

She loved posing by the caterpillar

Holding the butterfly!

She had to pose by the purple glittery big rock (I'm sure that's not the technical term for it! ;)

Riding the train

She picked out this little bean bag butterfly from the gift shop

No comments: