Saturday, May 25, 2013

Mother's Day weekend

Mommy had a very nice Mother's Day! Rena made me the cutest card and gift at school and was sooo excited to show it to me. They asked her questions about Mommy and her answers were so funny and cute! And they decorated little jars filled with small treats for Mommy. It was the sweetest thing ever! The day before Mother's day I went to a bridal shower for a dear friend and Rena and Daddy got to spend all afternoon together and they got Mommy a pretty plant and some jewelry. Rena is obsessed with flowers and plants and told Daddy she wanted to get me a plant. She had picked out a plant the week before when we went to the grocery store but when they went to buy it they were sold out. Rena was so upset since she thought I would only want the plant we saw! So poor Daddy was texting me and I assured him I would like any plant they picked out. ;) Mommy really enjoyed spending time with her friends and getting a break from the daily routine!
And on Mother's Day we followed our usual tradition of going to Bombay Brasserie for lunch. It was yummy as usual and I spent the rest of the day relaxing with my little family. There was a little coupon in my present jar for a hand-holding session with Rena. So that evening we went on a walk around our block holding hands together. It was such a simple act but so very sweet and I will always remember how happy I felt and how excited Rena was that I "redeemed" her coupon! I'm so lucky and blessed to be mommy to the sweetest girl ever! Thanks to Rena and Daddy for making it such a special weekend!

The sweet card and gift jar Rena made at school! I love the shopping comment and the picture of me..and how my name is Mommy! ;)

At the bridal shower with sweet friends Lamia and the bride-to-be Jen!
 
Rena was so excited to give me the gifts! And she kept asking me if I was sure I liked this plant more than the other one we saw! ;)

Lunch at Bombay Brasserie

Love my sweet girl!

MayMay stopped by that afternoon, which is always a treat for Rena!

No comments: