Friday, July 15, 2011

Funny little chatterbox!

Rena is quite the little talker now and sometimes she just says the funniest things! I created this post awhile back and have been adding to it as she says funny things. I just wanted to have a place to write some of this stuff down so we can look back later and just laugh at our cute 3 year old!

- I told Rena it was time to eat dinner and she looked at me and said "Mommy, what are you getting so cranky about??" It was so funny and I think she got that because I'll ask her why she's so cranky sometimes!
- We got a pack of marshmallows the other day and she calls them martian-melons! I just couldn't stop laughing and of course she kept saying it. I didn't even correct her! :)
- Lately she likes to say she has a tummy ache and she needs some juice to make it feel all better! I think she got this from a Mickey Mouse episode where Daisy pretends to be a doctor.
- Everyday after school she gives me the cutest summary of her day. It usually involves telling me that someone had a pee-pee or poo-poo accident and a boy was in time out. But she never tells me their names...I guess she wants to protect their privacy! :) And she says the girls never go in time-out!
- Rena's teachers name is Mrs. Fabiola and Rena has always called her something that sounds like Mrs May-ola. I've tried to correct her for the past 10 months but she thinks I'm the crazy one who doesn't know her teacher's name! I've given up on this since she's moving up to a new class in August. Luckily that teacher has an easy name...Ms Sue!
- When Rena was younger she used to call her favorite princess Sleeping Booty. It was the funniest thing and then we all started calling her that. Well now she knows it's Sleeping Beauty, but I still say Booty out of habit. She will always correct me and say Mommy, it's Sleeping BEAUTY!!
- We had a repair guy at our house and Rena didn't seem to like him very much. She kept hiding behind me and when he left, she said "He was a weird boy, don't let him back in my house!" Haha.
- One day Daddy was asking Rena for a kiss and she said she was too busy and would give him a kiss in 5 minutes (she was laying on the couch watching a show!)
- When she gets really tired at night (usually on a non-napping day) she will tell me that she's ready for her long nap!
- Anytime she goes to a birthday party, she says my birthday party will be tomorrow and I'll get lots of gifts!
- Rena is always trying little tricks to get a new toy. The other day we were going to the grocery store and she said I'm getting a new toy. I said no, you just got a toy at Target yesterday. She said, but that's a Target toy, now I need an HEB toy! Or sometimes if I say no new toy, she'll say but how about a coloring book or crayons? I guess those aren't "real" toys to her! :)
- Rena told me she was a princess and asked who the prince was. I told her the boy you marry will be your prince. She informed me that she wasn't marrying any silly boys and only Dada could be her prince! I bet Dada is happy about that one! :)

I'm sure there's much more I'm forgetting, but that's all I can remember for now!

No comments: